Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE1_iMovie


Lynda.com has done an excellent job with the iMovie 11 online training videos. They have truly optimized the online learning process. Their short clip bursts of lessons are perfect length for the average attention span to see an instructional clip, absorb it, and break for reflection. I found myself hitting rewind a few times to clear up questions I had and also to enhance my long-term retention. Rewind is our friend!

Lynda.com has certainly selected talent that is very easy to listen to. The speaker in this iMovie series is very skilled at this topic and the video quality is excellent. This is exemplary of high quality online education.

One iMovie feature that I found unique and extremely helpful is the orange bar display underneath the portion of an event clip that has been used in the project window. The iMovie event window screenshot below shows the orange bars in the bottom of my event clip lines. As an editor, it is very helpful to know which video segments have been used or not and this feature makes that easily recognizable.


One additional highlight I’ve gleaned from the training videos is that Mac has thought of everything. There is a button for ease of use everywhere. For example, this toolbar button with two arrows causes the project window and event window reverse.
 The windows don’t just switch instantly. They actually morph on screen so the viewer/editor can see where each window of information was and is going. What an absolutely brilliant design.

I’ll continue the videos and unveil more details soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment