Talk about when Web 2.0 will be upgraded to 3.0 and I’ll say NOW. I have spent hours perfecting my mastery of Polleverywhere.com and this program feels like it is at 5.0. There are so many features and layers that there could be an entire class on this powerful application.
Poll Everywhere offers a live chart link, sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Prezi, and polls can even be emailed. I'll include some screenshots of the program for your viewing reinforcement.
So please get a good beverage and let me share some of the advanced features of Poll Everywhere! You’ll thank me later.
My last post hinted about the Powerpoint link, so I clicked it and fell into the program like Alice fell into Wonderland. I next hit the Mac Presenter download.
Then, added Poll Everywhere as an Application
It offers Real-time polls in your slide show or any application:
I then signed up and didn't have to enter my tax ID number and names of all my children and pets!I asked a couple questions for a test.
Then, this wonder bar shows up on my desktop that allows a new question by clicking "+":
Hit the pencil to edit a question:
Hit left or right to scroll through every question/poll you've asked:
Then I stumbled upon the Upgrades window. This is where it gets really good:
You can change the poll settings easily in one pane:
With an upgrade, you can privately know every single students answers and times entered!
If your students are registered, you can lock out other responders, you can grade your students, the answers can be saved as a .cvs file, etc...
The automatic grade response settings are a nice feature for multiple-choice questions.
Even a profanity blocker - hmm. Someone has thought of everything here.
Even has response segmentation for team collaboration/responses/competitions, look at the red heart - you are starting to love this program aren't you!
And who likes typing in those odd, code numbers for texting, just set up custom 'Keyword' answers for students. Pick words they can relate with for multiple-choice answers instead of A, B, C.. use: "I" "want" "an" "A" "in" "this" "class" Oh, that is funny. I should be their sales rep!
Here is a new feature: the Goal Poll for group progress.
Well, thank you very much for following my journey to master this program. Please let me know if you have any questions. Enlightenment is just a click away at 'Blogged On Phonics!'


















No comments:
Post a Comment