'Turn The Clock To ELEVEN'
Here is Dorreen's post about the end chapters of 'The Art of Possibilities' by Benjamin and Roz Zander:
Wow, this book continues to my ideas to the possibilities that could happen. I really agree with chapter 10 about one can only be accountable for what one has control over. I think that is all we can worry about. However, the idea of looking at every situation as a chessboard is very interesting. It seems to me if more people would think more like this we would have fewer lawsuits and maybe things we need like insurance wouldn’t be so expensive. The business world also wouldn’t always be thinking, “we need to cover our behinds”. I love the board question, “How did this get on the board that I am?” Seems like self-reflection is a very important part of this whole art of possibilities.
I think that the criteria for a vision is wonderful not only for companies but for personal goals. Think everyone should have a vision as these visions can be looked at like mini goals. Lastly in chapter 12, the WE is so important and strong. I would think that the WE will always be stronger than the I/You and it could stop the finger pointing or blame we see in our society today.
Looking back at the book it seems that all eleven practices are tied closely to one another if one could achieve just a few of these practices the possibilities that could open up to you would be extreme. Can you image if one could really take into practice all eleven – the possibilities could be endless!
My response to Dorreen's Post:
Hi Dorreen,
Yes, the power of eleven. If everyone had all eleven practices memorized and embedded into their psyche, we would have no wars - only world peace; no anger, only helpfulness; no more failure, only success; no racism, only love; no constraint of the mind, only limitless options; but who wants all of that?!! People frenzy feed on bad news. What would happen if there were a station of only ‘good’ news? Would people even watch it? Why are we so enamored with tension and strife? Is it in peoples’ genome? Please help me. I have become the perfect sheltered juror who escapes at all cost from the bad news of the days. What will happen if we all of a sudden avoided bad news and only wanted good news? Please share what would happen. My hands are cupping my face awaiting your answer! Oh, and would you like to see the 300 pages that Benjamin through out when he wrote this book. Every writer has extra pages that don’t make the cut. Often, those pages are the real truths that people aren’t ready for. I vote, ‘We see the hidden pages!’

No comments:
Post a Comment